Banner1

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Chapter 9: Bella's POV

I was screwed; my plan to get Jasper taken off the case was backfiring. While Angela, Alice and I were thoroughly drunk, Jasper was still lucid. Well, as lucid as he was when we arrived. He even resisted my body, and it was as close to him as it could be with the amount of clothing we both had on.

After a quick cathartic release, in the form of a long string of profanities that would have my father appalled, I walked back to the dance floor to look for Angela and Alice, like Jasper had said. As I was pulling Alice off of the six foot tall body builder she was using as support, my mind realized the flaw in my current plan. He could say I made it up all too easily since everyone was way past drunk, except him. After collecting Angela from the bar, the three of us made our way to the car. The ride home was quiet, Jasper drove since he was the only one even remotely sober enough to drive, and I spent the time reorganizing my plan and pretending to be angry with Jasper.

I was the last to be dropped off since Jasper would have ended up back at my house any way to pick up his car. Getting out of the car, I bent over to pull his boots off, leaving them on the hood of his fuckhot car before grabbing his hand and dragging him into my house. When I saw that we had stayed out long enough that my dad was in his room, I released the breath I didn’t realize I was holding, after realizing that I could now get Jasper up to my room before saying goodnight.

My room was average size, most of the floor being taken up by the queen size bed. While Jasper seemed to inspect my room, I slipped into the bathroom, changing into something a little more revealing and definitely more comfortable. When I walked back to my room, I immediately noticed how warm the room seemed, not in a temperature sort of way, but it smelt warm, like a wood stove, pine trees and those oranges you cover in cloves to make the room smell good. This was a delicious contrast to the freesia and lavender my room normally smelt like. I would give anything in that moment to make my room smell like this every day for the rest of forever. Shit…fuck, where did that thought come from? I didn’t want a forever with Jasper, if that was where the new scent was coming from; I just wanted to fuck him until he was pulled off the case and go on with my life.

Jasper was standing by my window, his body outlined by the moonlight filtering through my sheer drapes. As I got closer to where he stood, I could see the muscles in his shoulders tensing with the sound of my light footsteps against the wood floor of my bedroom. The closer I got to him, the more addicting his scent became, adding peppermint and cinnamon to the mixture. I reached out, tentatively touching his shoulder, unsure of how he’d respond. He seemed to relax upon feeling my soft, gentle touch. Slowly bringing my hand down his arm, I took his calloused hand in mine and brought him into the bathroom, my plan changing in my head as I made impulsive decisions. I wanted him to make me feel good, feel clean and innocent again.

When we were both in the bathroom and the door was closed, I started the shower, turning the shower knobs so the water was warm enough to relax, but not so hot that it would cause burns. I slowly pulled the tank top I had just put on, off my sweaty body and placed it on the counter before carefully working on the buttons to Jasper’s uniform shirt. My hands froze when I felt his fingers dance lightly across my stomach and up the side of my ribcage, lifting me onto the cool stone counter. I loosely wrapped my legs around his, pulling him closer to me as I finished working the last of the buttons out of their holes. I leaned forward, pushing the shirt down his well-toned arms, shivering when his warm breath connected with my damp back. Leaning back against the mirror, I took in his defined six-pack and the mesmerizing design that worked its way from his left hip then disappeared around the right side of his ribcage. My fingers traced the intricate swirls and dots through the light cotton that clung to his skin, leaving a trail of goose bumps behind. As the warm steam from the shower warmed us and settled on the large mirror behind me, Jasper’s hands worked their way toward my softball shorts, massaging my tensing muscles as he went. I made quick work of the ridiculous studded belt he was wearing and the jeans were slung low on his hips.

When he lifted me to pull off the grey and green checkered shorts I was wearing, I took the opportunity to pull the almost see through white tank top over his head, finally revealing those perfect abs and contrasting ink to my eyes and lips. As he set my feet on the floor I realized that while I was now standing in front of him completely naked, he was still in his boxers. I reached out, running my fingers along the waistband, teasing and waiting for him to make a move. I finally decided I was done teasing and hooked my fingers between the waistband and his skin. I pulled at the fabric, stretching the elastic and slowly working the piece of clothing down his hips, centimeter by centimeter. I stopped moving when his hands wrapped lightly around my wrists, looking up at him.

“Isabella, I’m not sure I can do this” he said, with a bit of confusion in his voice.

I stood up and wrapped my arms around his neck, smiling slightly when I heard the final piece of fabric separating us hit the floor. I tilted my head slowly, closing the small gap between our lips, surprised at how soft his lips where in comparison to his hands and the persona he displayed.

“Relax, don’t think, just feel. I promise that my dad won’t find out if that is what you’re worried about. We’re just two people, who happen to be attracted to each other. For tonight you are just Jasper and I am just Isabella, nothing else matters” I said, walking us slowly backwards toward the shower.

I had gotten our bodies under the spray, but even the relaxing water couldn’t convince him to stay. His hands were suddenly strong and creating distance between us, much to my disappointment. I looked up, meeting his hazel-ish green eyes, unleashing a slight pout, the only weapon that might work right now, since my naked body wasn’t doing the job.

He shook his head, sending little drops of water flying every direction. “I’m sorry Isabella, but I can’t do this. I can’t just forget who we are, or the fact that you’re my boss’s daughter. I really am sorry.”

I stood there staring at the foggy image of his body, drying off and getting dressed. Then I slid to the floor, letting the water run down my face mixing with the hot tears of rejection. This was the first night I truly hated being the commissioner’s daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment