Banner1

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Falling Forward Chapter 5

After making sure Alice was safely back in her own room, I made my way back to Jasper with the room service menu, my case of DVDs and my laptop. Jasper's face greeted me with the most breath taking smile I had seen in a while. I jumped onto the bed and plopped myself next to him with a squeak of surprise even though I knew my butt was going to hit the bed.
"So what are we eating and what are we watching?" I asked as I waved the menu in front of his face.
"Well, I would tell you but I can't read the menu," he said while trying to snatch it from my hand.
"Then maybe you should get your eyes checked," I teased before handing the little folder to him nicely.
"I think we should get pancakes and eggs and bacon… Oh! And orange juice. Can't forget the orange juice if we're having breakfast," Jasper said before handing the menu back to me.
I called to place our order before crawling under the covers and rolling onto my side to face Jasper, laughing to myself.
"Well, what do we find so funny?" Jasper asked, curiosity dancing in his eyes.
"I was just remembering how we met. I really didn't like you at first," I said, my body shaking with silent laughter.
"I will always remember that day. It's the only day I ever even considered hitting a girl," Jasper said before launching us down memory lane.
My mom had taken the day off to bring me to my first day of Kindergarten. As I walked up to the building, I saw this little brown haired girl slowly walking up the stairs. I watched, seemingly in slow motion, as she tripped over an uneven spot in the stone step. I raced forward and caught her before her face met the granite. She turned around and smacked me, and then stomped off to some part of the school.
As I walked into the classroom, I turned around and tried to go home. I couldn't believe the same feisty girl was in my class; this was going to be a long day. She smacked me three times that day, and I learned that she was not appreciative of the southern manners my parents had taught me.
When we stopped for lunch I worked up the nerve to introduce myself to her.
"Hi, my name is Japer Whitlock." I held out my hand, trying to be polite.
She looked from my hand to my face before rolling her eyes and introducing herself as Isabella. I knew in that moment that this girl was going to be a great friend.
Over the next few weeks I learned when it was okay for me to stand up for her, which was rarely. Isabella was the only kid I met that year that I truly felt close to.
I laughed, remembering that day a little differently. "I couldn't understand why you weren't like everyone else and just let me fall thinking I would eventually learn how to walk properly."
"My parents raised me to help a lady when she needed it, and I wasn't about to stand there and watch you hurt yourself. I only watched you do that once and that was after you threatened me with physical harm if I interfered," he said, reminding me of the only mistake I have made that I truly regret.
I sighed and sat up a little. "You had to bring up Laurent, didn't you?"
"Chickadee, I didn't mean to, but you had to know it was bound to come up in this conversation," he murmured, staring at the bedspread.
"I know, but I was hoping to forget him and move on. He was the reason we were fighting so much and I wanted to fix the issue, but every time I wanted to be with you guys he got all jealous and I was supposed to listen to him and stay away from you guys, but if I said anything about him hanging out with Victoria and her group of sluts I was being a jealous bitch and I had to deal with it. He wouldn't let me leave unless he wanted me to, but when you have a girl allowing you to sleep around why would you leave?" I took a deep breath, letting all my anger towards Laurent out for the last time.
Jasper just looked at me and listened while I ranted and raved. "Are you better now?" he asked before pulling out Finding Nemo and putting it in the DVD player while I playfully stomped over to the door to pick up our breakfast.
We sat in bed for the rest of the afternoon watching movies that made us smile and laugh until our stomachs hurt. We finally heard from Alice and Edward around 10:30, asking if we wanted to go out to a bar and get some drinks. When I accepted, Alice asked me to get ready in her room since she needed some time away from Edward. I passed Edward in the hall on my way to his room, but couldn't feel bad at the sad and hurt expression that was on his face. He made his bed and now he could lie in it.
The door was open when I got there, so I closed it after making my way into the room and ducked when Alice's classic grey pumps whipped through the air toward the door.
"Alice, would you mind not sending me to the ER before I've had a chance to hurt myself?" I asked, laughing as I leaned against the door.
"Oh! I'm sorry, Bella, I didn't realize you were standing there," she said before throwing her hands in the air and growling.
"Ally, what are you searching for?"
"I want to wear my knee highs tonight but I can't find them anywhere." she said, moving to her second suitcase while I looked through the mess already on the floor of the room.
"Don't worry, Ally, we'll find them. Why don't you go get changed and I'll look for them while you're getting ready," I said, trying to get her to relax a little.
As I pulled out her black suede knee high boots, Alice walked out in her signature club outfit from college, the same outfit she was wearing when she started dating Edward. She was in a bright blue halter top dress with a deep v-neck and a black inlay. She still looked phenomenal in the dress and her light make up and chunky silver jewelry only highlighted her natural beauty. I handed her the boots and went to the bathroom to change. When I walked out, Alice whistled and I spun around so she could take in my new outfit.
I was decked out in a silk animal print halter dress with a very sparkly belt and neckline, purplish grey pumps that I borrowed from Alice and the diamond earrings Jasper got me for my birthday.
"So, Ally, you like?" I asked, doing a slower spin but this time so she could take in the entire outfit.
"I don't like, I love!" she said, giggling as we walked out into the hall to meet the boys.
Alice and I walked the few feet from her room to mine comparing outfits and just being oblivious to the outside world. Alice walked right into Jasper and I was close to walking into our door before either of the guys said anything.
"What are you wearing?" Jasper said, being the first to recover.
"Well, I don't know what you would call them but I've always called them clothes," I said, giving him the stupid answer to his stupid question.
"Well I know those are clothes but there is absolutely no fabric to said clothing," Jasper said, crossing his arms.
"I thought you enjoyed the easy access and being able to see my cute panties," I said, pouting a little bit.
He mumbled something that sounded an awful lot like "you're going to be the death of me," and forced a slow breath out through his nose before pulling me into him. I wiggled my hips slightly and giggled as I walked off with Alice, not bothering to see if the guys were following.
Alice led us to the line of taxis waiting outside the hotel and directed the driver to one of the local clubs. When we arrived at Myst, we were greeted at the door and led to one of the VIP booths - Alice must have been planning this before everything with Edward happened. Alice rattled off our order of drinks to the waitress while Jasper glared at any of the guys the stared at me too long for his liking. Alice handed out the drinks as the waitress brought them over to us; Jasper got his Whiskey sour, Alice got a round of shots of Hypnotic, Edward had an All-Irish Black and Tan, and Alice had so kindly ordered me a White Russian. Alice and I looked at the guys and nodded as we downed our drinks and dragged Jasper and Edward down to the dance floor.
Alice smiled her wicked smile as we got to the dance floor and the DJ played "Low" by Flo Rida. Following the words of the song, we got low and slowly made our way back to standing to repeat the movement again. As I came back to standing for the third time, Jasper pulled me flush against his chest, with his hands against my hips holding me in place. He let out a low growl as I rubbed my hips into his and whispered into my ear, "You are making it hard for me to not take you right here on the dance floor with all these people around."
"Well, I don't think I'd mind, but something tells me you wouldn't want to share with everyone," I said, laughing breathlessly.
"What happened to my sweet Bella that didn't want to go to jail because her dad would have a heart attack?" he asked as I led him back to the booth.
"Well I think the White Russian and the shot I stole from Alice put the sweet Bella to sleep," I said as we sat down at the booth and ordered another round.
The waitress brought our drinks to the table just as Alice plopped herself down in the booth with a huff. "Aww, Alice, what's wrong?" I asked, getting comfortable on Jasper's lap.
"Stupid moron punched an innocent bystander and still thinks he's getting some tonight." she rolled her eyes and downed the rest of Edward's drink.
Edward came back to the booth and sat down next to Jasper with a bag of ice on his left knuckles.
"Well you just made your own bed," I said as I sipped on my drink, glaring at him from over the rim of the glass.
"I don't want to fucking hear it. This whole mess that I'm in is your fault." he said, using his good hand to point at me.
"Don't even go there, ass. If you hadn't started that conversation at the party last night you wouldn't be in this mess. All I did was answer her questions; she is my best friend." I said, trying to get my arm free from Jasper's gentle grasp to smack some sense into him.
"I dare you, smack me here and see what happens. I was almost thrown out for my stunt down on the dance floor." he said as Jasper released my hand.
I brought my hand back and slapped him as hard as I could. I looked at him with a satisfied smirk and went back to my quiet conversation with Jasper from before. Alice called the waitress over and ordered herself another round and some nacho chips before waving the poor girl away. I gave Jasper a quick kiss before grabbing Alice to have another dance, just us girls.
After a couple of songs Alice was calm enough to at least treat the staff respectfully, so we went back to the table. After finishing the last round we had ordered, we went out front to find a taxi and head back to the hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment