Banner1

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Falling Forward Chapter 1

Jasper and I walked into the gymnasium, hand-in-hand. I couldn't believe that it had been five years since we'd graduated. I smiled at Jacqueline, our class president, as she handed us our name cards and showed us on a diagram where our seats were. I smiled and sat down as Jasper pulled my chair out for me.
"Always the gentleman," I said, earning one of his infamous smiles.
"You know me so well, Chickadee," he said as he sat down in his seat next to me.
I felt the energy in the room pick up and a smile lit up my face. Alice - I had missed the little ball of hyper-active creativity. Jasper smiled as he watched me jump out of my seat and run at her. I meant to tackle-hug her, but I tripped on the hem of my dress and ended up causing both of us to fall on the floor in a giggling heap. Edward helped Alice and me up off the floor and we made our way over to the table, joining Jasper.
"Jasper, don't you have control of her by now?" Edward asked with a laugh as he sat down.
"Really, how long have you known us? I don't let anyone control me," I said, smiling as I skipped over to his chair where I placed a wet, sloppy kiss on his cheek.
Alice rolled her eyes and chuckled when Jasper huffed from he sat. I smiled at Jasper as I took my seat and placed an even sloppier kiss on his lips. "Is that better Romeo?"
"Definitely," he said smiling. "Do you remember the day we all met?"
Edward chuckled, "Yeah, we walked in on some lover's quarrel and Alice almost got hit in the head with Jasper's iPod."
"Well, Moron here insulted my ability to unpack my own belongings," I said rolling my eyes at Jasper as we all burst into a fit of hysterical laughter.
I smiled as I brought up the last box, taking in the new dorm Jasper and I were assigned to. Jasper wrapped his arms around my waist throwing me over his shoulder in the process.
"What the hell! Put me down!" I yelled, picking up a poster and slapping his butt with it several times before he put me down on the sofa he brought with him to school.
"If you would just let me unpack for you, since it would be quicker and less frustrating, I wouldn't feel the need to pick you up," Jasper said as he riffled through the box I had just brought up. "Now, where does this stuff go?"
"That stuff, along with all my other boxes, stays put until I unpack it. Now go take care of your own stuff." I said, my voice rising in volume as I got more aggravated.
"I'm just trying to save you time. You always complain about how you never have time to check out the library or a local bookstore so I figured I would help you out. But I see now where this is getting me. You know, your life might be easier and less stressful if you let other people help you," Jasper said as he started to walk towards the door.
I was fuming now. I reached for the first thing that caught my eye and it just happened to be his brand new iPod. Pulling my hand back, I whipped it at the back of his head. Jasper was too smart for his own good, though, and I stood there terrified as the door to our dorm room opened and the iPod just barely missed one of our new roommate's head.
I watched as the small brunette bent over and picked up the offending piece of technology and skipped into the living room, carefully handing the iPod back to me. Jasper stood watching me as he unpacked the first box of my stuff he could get to, hoping I didn't throw it at him again.
"Jasper Shiloh Whitlock! I swear I will bury your body somewhere no one will find it, if you touch my stuff again before I have it unpacked." I turned to my roommate. "Hi, I'm Bella. Sorry for throwing his iPod at you. I was aiming for him, if that makes it better."
Edward laughed as he listened to us retell the memory. The fights between Jasper and I didn't get any less heated, but they did become fewer with the help of our new friends

No comments:

Post a Comment